5 keys to Spiritual Growth
- Read your Bible daily. Find a Bible reading plan that’s right for you. A plan will keep you from missing anything God has written in His Word. Also, if you follow the plan, you’ll be on your way to reading through the Bible once every year! The easiest way to truly “grow up” in the faith is to make Bible reading a priority.
- Meet together with other believers regularly. The reason we attend church or gather with other believers regularly (Hebrews 10:25) is for teaching, fellowship, worship, communion, prayer and to build one another up in the faith (Acts 2:42-47). Participating in the body of Christ is fundamental to spiritual growth.
- Get involved beyond an hour on Sunday. Join a bible study and many of our ministry opportunities. Pray and ask God where you should “plug in.” It’s the people who really “get plugged in” that find their purpose and soar in their walk with Christ. Sometimes this takes a little time, but we'd love to help you find the place that’s right for you. Don’t get discouraged if the first thing you try doesn’t seem to fit.
- Pray daily. Prayer is simply talking to God. You don’t have to use big fancy words. There are no right and wrong words. Just be yourself. Give thanks to the Lord daily for your salvation. Pray for others in need. Pray for direction. Pray for the Lord to fill you daily with His Holy Spirit. There is no limit to prayer. You can pray with your eyes closed or open, while sitting or standing, kneeling or lying on your bed, anywhere, anytime. So begin to make prayer a part of your daily routine.
- Be generous. God has given us so much as Christians, particularly here in America. We cannot be the stopping point of God's grace and blessing but are called to pour it out into the world as the hands and feet of Christ.